Saturday, June 5, 2010

Photoshop

My head went into a frenzy when I stumbled across someone's blog. The blogger is a self-professed camera whore. I don't blame her, though, because she looks like such a doll! So fricken youthful w/ bright pink, doll-like blush, hugely enhanced eyes (contacts), doll-like hair and make-up. I was SO impressed and in awe! She was so cute!!! Then, of course, social media outlets lead me to her other site and goddamn, my eyes popped out and I kept my eyes glued to the screen. "THAT'S HER, TOO??? No..... can't be. She doesn't look like that.... kind of. Is that REALLY her??? She has the same hair, her makeup style is the same.... But she looked so cute in her pictures!!!!!"

Ya, you guessed it. Her pictures were edited on Photoshop and the end results were astonishing!!! The latter site I visited posted her videos (!!!) and the differences between her pics and vids were soooo obvious. Yowza. She edited her face and body so much I couldn't tell she was the same person in her videos. It took me a good few minutes to analyze and process what I was seeing. Pretty awful! I haven't gotten over how ballsy she is to fix up her pictures like that. She also had plastic surgery done and oh my gawd, she looked so much younger pre-opt. ASDLFKAJSF

YOWZA!

I thought I was in for a treat only to realize it was fake! So many pictures (through social media, magazines, etc) are edited so the person in the photo looks manufactured. I should have known better! but her photoshop skills are crazy!! It's crazy how entranced we are by the pictures we see on the web or magazines. Yes, I've fallen for them as well. They're not 100% natural/ real unless otherwise stated (ie. Kim Kardashian, Jessica Simpson). It's such an unhealthy habit for us to obsess over how beautiful celebs look when their published pictures are almost always edited and transformed. What's the percentage of you meeting them in person to confirm their size, "slenderness," "perfect arms, legs, abs," etc? We're all fooled so we would obsess over them to support their career, don't you think? They capture our attention by making their stars look flawless, but who the hell is w/o flaws???

Don't obsess over what you see on the 'net (esp. celebs, models and some bloggers(!)). Majority of the time their features are edited and literally enhanced! Don't be down on yourself because you don't look anything like they do. They don't even look like themselves, so how can you possibly be down about yourself when what you obsess over is fake and unrealistic?

Work it out,
Natural

No comments:

Post a Comment