Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ask the right questions


I've been on a mindful and long questioning period trying to figure out how I wanted to plan my future. It was frightful b/c I didn't want to take the "wrong" step; then, I learned that there is no wrong step, since I'd gain experience as is anyway. I wouldn't lose out on anything because I'd actually gain what I hadn't thought to. (Positive outlook! *thumbs up*) I came across this statement that turned on my light bulb:

Don't ask "what do I do?" rather, ask "what am I good at?"

It's always been a matter of me wanting to successfully make it into the work force that made me concentrate solely on the former. I've asked myself the latter question and hadn't responded well b/c I truly didn't have anything I was good at-- until recently.

I also came across a Buddhist proverb that sums up my past two months: "When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

No comments:

Post a Comment