Thursday, May 27, 2010

Live, Overcome, (pre)Vail, Embrace.

My life has been changing lately. I feel it within myself and see it in how I look. I've finally embraced my appearance and have been so much happier in these past few weeks. I've stopped convincing myself that I look "all right" and not "ugly." I can feel it from my core. This subject matter is one of the things you can't convince yourself of until you truly believe it.

My style has taken a turn since I've come to full acceptance of what I was born with. I wear my make-up differently and dress less sloppily. I am taking care of myself. Once I accepted and embraced myself, I've realized that I must take care of myself because 1) I only live once (duh!) and 2) I will never, ever, ever, everrrrr be or look this young again. Time passes by too quickly for me to take care of myself "later." By that time, I'd have lost this youthfulness. I can't let my youth slip between my fingers when I only get to be this young once. We all need to take care of ourselves so others don't need to.

By means of taking care of myself, I am not turning into a narcissistic and vain 20 year-old. Rather, I am playing up what I've got to the best I can make it.

I ♡ my physical form. 

Do you?


Working it out,
Love

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Marian! First off, you're such a beautiful, gorgeous woman! I love how heart shaped your face is with that adorable smile. I think your blog is fantastic and just love the way you remind everybody how unique they are for the specific reason we stand out. My own little brother was born with a clef lip and because of it he has the most charming, attractive smile that makes us all envy him!! And he flaunts it, too! It's all about your confidence in how you turn lemons of any shape or size into the best kind of lemonade there is- and you've done it.

    Heart ya Marian. Keep workin it out.
    Jeannie Mai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Jeannie! Thank you for taking your time to reply to me. Your little time and effort brought a smile to my face, so thank you again, and thank you for such lovely comments. For the 20 years I've been around I've only seen four others w/ cleft lip and palate and that's not many! Your brother would be the 5th I know of, and I can't believe we share this kind of similarity. I am happy your brother is smiling brightly-- he probably learned from his amazing sister. What you do and how you effect those around you always bring a smile to my face, so thank you for being who you are and doing what you love; you are one of my inspirations to aspire for what I love.

    Workin' it out,
    Marian

    ReplyDelete