Sunday, August 15, 2010

Steve Byrne - The Byrne Identity - GPS

Laughter wields a lot of power. I saw Steve Byrne (and Owen Benjamin, one of the openers) live at the Irvine Improv yday night with a good friend and good gawd, I kept on drying my eyes during their entire performances. I haven't laughed for that long like I how did in such a loooong time. They were downright hilarious and it's... a blessing. hahaha We can definitely use a lot more laughter in our lives. I don't care if it ruins your makeup (because half of mine was destroyed), but there's waterproof eye makeup now (reference for future shows!!). I'm delighted the show was for 18++ because it was thaaatttt good. 

I get hysterical when I laugh. If it's super funny, I turn into a knee-slapper, object-slapper, jump out of my chair, clap, and definitely laugh loudly. I felt (sort of) bad for the person sitting in front of me because the back of her head told me she didn't enjoy it as much as I did. I'm preeeeetty animated. hahaha My high pitched screeching laughter probably annoyed her, but I wouldn't have dialed it down either. At a comedic show, are you kidding? We're there to LAUGH OUT LOUD!! and to tip the comedians with our currency of Laughter Dollars!!

I left the 1 1/2 hr show with my LIQUID eye makeup smeared across my lids and trails down my cheek. Thankfully I stopped by the restroom before leaving the venue bc there were crowds at the box office and event-goers lined around the corner!


No comments:

Post a Comment